1. How did you feel when you heard we were moving to India?
I felt bad because I want to stay in Florida. I don’t like India.
2. Tell me about the trip to India:
We took the airplane. My ears were cracking.
3. What did you think when we drove home from the airport?
I felt wet because it was raining, remember? The place was flooding.
4. Tell me your thoughts about the city of Hyderabad.
I don’t really like it because it is too dirty and there are too many dogs. Its too dirty and people beg for things.
5. What do you like about our house?
It’s good, except we need a bigger yard.
6. Is there something you don’t like about our house?
Yeah. Its always dirty and junky. (Editor’s Note: Thanks, kid!)
7. What do you like about our neighborhood?
I like that we have a park really close and that I have friends here.
8. What do you wish you could change about our neighborhood?
That it’s not dusty and so there’s not that many dogs so I could make it like Florida.
9. What do you like about your school?
I like my class.
10. What do you wish you could change about your school?
I’d like a bigger classroom and a ‘funner’ playground so there’s not so many kids.
11. What do you like about living in India?
My mom buys us candy and we go to expat meetings which is fun.
12. What don’t you like about living in India?
I don’t like my cough that I’m having right now. Its too dusty and dirty and too trashy and people pee on the walls and we need to walk to the big store instead of drive.
13. What surprises you most about living here?
There wasn’t any surprise.
14. What is the strangest thing you have seen here?
Dogs have red, bloody rashes around their necks. (Editor’s Note: We saw a badly wounded dog one day. Must have left quite an impression.)
15. If you could change one thing about India, what would it be?
So dogs don’t fight.
16. What has been your favorite place to visit so far, and why?
Alexia’s house because it is soooo fun.
17. What are some things you have learned from living in India?
I am learning how to speak Hindi.
18. Would you recommend moving to India to any of your friends? Why?
I would say “no, don’t go” because it is too dirty
19. What do you miss most from the US?
I miss all of my friends.
20. If you could bring one thing back with you from the US this Christmas, what would it be?
I would bring back that giraffe and zebra tic tac toe board that we had in Florida and my piggy bank.