People often ask me if the kids are adjusting well to life here in India. Truthfully, I really am not sure. While they seem to be doing ok, they both tend to be very close-mouthed about what they are really thinking and do their best to adapt to the situation whether they like or not.
I thought it would be fun to write up a list of questions for them to answer that will give a little more insight into what is really going on in their heads…
Addie is up first.
1. How did you feel when you heard we were moving to India?
I felt sad because we were going to leave all of our friends.
2. Tell me about the trip to India:
The trip to India was weird and the cats cried the whole way and the trip was long.
3. What did you think when we drove home from the airport?
It felt different because I thought it was supposed to be daytime. The street was crowded with cars.
4. Tell me your thoughts about the city of Hyderabad.
Hyderabad is dirty and there are lots of animals walking around.
5. What do you like about our house?
I like that our house if 3 stories and that its big because there is lots of space to run around.
6. Is there something you don’t like about our house?
7. What do you like about our neighborhood?
I like the neighborhood because it has lots of kids to play with and a park and a garden and a clubhouse.
8. What do you wish you could change about our neighborhood?
I wish I could change the fact that the pool isn’t filled and make more
toys in the park and put a slide in the pool.
9. What do you like about your school?
I like my school because its big and there’s lots of kids from different countries.
10. What do you wish you could change about your school?
I would make golden buses with a pool and theatre in them.
11. What do you like about living in India?
If you compare it to Florida, they are different. Living in India is like living in a different world.
12. What don’t you like about living in India?
I don’t like that there’s so much pollution everywhere and the animals are eating trash.
13. What surprises you most about living here?
The thing that surprises me the most is that everything is different and Hyderabad is bigger than West Palm Beach.
14. What is the strangest thing you have seen here?
The strangest thing that I saw was that most animals are running wild including goats, cats, dogs and cows.
15. If you could change one thing about India, what would it be?
I would make more animal rescue centers.
16. What has been your favorite place to visit so far, and why?
My favorite place to visit was Delhi because it was better than Hyderabad and it had less pollution and it was less crowded.
17. What are some things you have learned from living in India?
I learned that you can live anywhere and you get used to it after a while. Different places sometimes aren’t the same as the old places.
18. Would you recommend moving to India to any of your friends? Why?
Yes, I would recommend moving to India to my friends because they might like it in India.
19. What do you miss most from the US?
I miss not having beef and pork and poptarts and I miss my friends.
20. If you could bring one thing back with you from the US this Christmas, what would it be?
I’d bring back my Fur-real Butterscotch pony.
sounds like she is adjusting well… are you going to fly her pony back with you this christmas…cant wait to read enders
That’s our little Addie in a nutshell! As always and it wouldn’t matter where, Addie is always concerned about the animals, the pollution and the environment. Good for you Addie! Together we can make a difference!!!!